Is Johnson’s Baby Oil good for skin?
Whenever I travel I always experience skin dryness due to the change in water and climate. I must say I really love travelling, but what I really hate is having dry skin. I have tested many moisturising body lotions, different types of oils including Johnson’s Baby oil, and many other alternatives. However, I couldn’t find anything suitable for myself as usually when I used any type of oils I felt that my skin was too oily. Have you ever had this problem? I’m sure many of you did and this is one of the reasons why this post exists.
When I first used Johnson’s Baby oil I was sceptical as it is mainly known for being very good for babies, but not many people speak about the advantages it has for adults and what the best way to use it is. Below you will be able to find few curiosities about Johnson’s Baby oil, but let’s start what are the pros and cons of Johnson’s Baby oil.
- It does not contain harmful chemicals that could irritate your or your babies skin
- Johnson’s Baby oil can be used on the whole body including the face
- It helps to moisturise and smooth the skin for both adults and babies
- It has been allergy and dermatologist tested
- Easy to spread
- It’s great for massage
- It is great for relieving dry skin and rough patches
Disadvantages: Johnson’s Baby oil does not have many disadvantages except from below:
- Constant change in the price
- Thousands of duplicate/alternative products
- Online availability issues
- It does not have side effects. However, burning, stinging, redness, or irritation may occur.
- It helps plump up the skin and give a more hydrated appearance
- As baby oil is non-comedogenic it will not clog your skin’s pores
- It is used as a medication to prevent dryness, itchy skin and minor irritations such as diaper rash or skin burns from radiation therapy.
- In order for the oil to work 10 times more effectively, it is best to use it on wet skin this way it will be much better than an ordinary lotion on dry skin.
Now going back to my statement “when I used any type of oils I felt that my skin was too oily” – it is no longer valid. Why? The reason is that I did not use the oil properly as I used the oils after wash, but applied on dry skin. No wonder why I couldn’t find anything suitable for myself if I used it incorrectly.
When I started to apply the oils on the wet body I felt much better and dryness was not a big issue for me. However, Johnson’s Baby oil was and still is best for my skin. When I apply this oil on a wet body I feel like a newborn baby. My skin is smooth, moisturised and soft like a baby since I started to apply it correctly. So if you suffer from dryness or itchy skin I really recommend the Johnson’s Baby oil for you. It will do magic for you, but as this is baby oil it will do magic for both you and your baby if you have one :).
I must say that some people claim that it has helped them not only to moisturise the skin but also to reduce stretch marks (but this hasn’t been proven). If you would like to test out Johnson’s baby oil click here and you will be redirected to Amazon website where this oil is available for a little charge. Make sure you buy more than one as it runs out quickly and remember to use it on daily basis as this will bring better results 🙂
Let me know what your experience is with body lotions and oils. Did you know it is better to use the oil on wet skin? I didn’t, but now I know and I am glad for this 🙂
If you would like to read my previous post simply click here.
5 thoughts on “Is Johnson’s Baby Oil good for skin?”
I have never used Johnson’s Baby Oil on my skin. I will definitely try this out. I also have a very dry skin and a good moisturiser or oil is a must. Thank you for sharing.
I really recommend using Johnson’s Baby Oil for dry skin. It is amazing and does its job. Make sure you apply it on wet skin and then dry yourself as you would normally do. I can guarantee you will see that your body is much smoother after the first use. 🙂
Nice post. I was checing continuously this blog and I’m impressed!
Very useful information specially the last part 🙂 I cwre for such info a
lot. I was looking for this particular information for a long time.
Thank you and best of luck.
Is anyone here in a position to recommend a good body scrub? Thanks xxx
Good website! I truly love how it is easy on my eyes and the data are well written. I am wondering how I could be notified whenever a new post has been made. I’ve subscribed to your RSS which must do the trick! Have a nice day!